How to tie a Tie - Windsor Knot step by step guide
There comes a point in every man's life when he needs to learn how to tie a tie. The Windsor knot is the first knot that any person should learn how to tie first. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to do it in seconds and you'll be provided with a wide triangular knot that is perfect for a variety of formal settings. It is also a knot that you can wear to work if you're expected to wear a suit to work every day.
How to tie a Windsor Knot
Follow the easy step-by-step instructions outlined below on how to tie the tie by yourself. Then, continue to practice using this how to tie a tie easy guide and before you know it, you'll be instinctively tying this knot like a pro!
Easy step by step guide to tie a tie:
- Place the wide end of your tie on the left-hand side of your neck and the narrow end on the right-hand side. The tip of the narrow side of the tie should be resting slightly above your belly button.
- Wrap the wide part of the tie around and into the neck from below the narrow part of the tie as shown in figure 2.
- Bring the wide part of the tie down and to the right.
- Bring the wide part along the back of the narrow part to the left and then towards thecenter neck loop as shown in figure 5.
- Pull the wide part through the loop and then down to the left.
- The wide part is then drawn straight across the front from left to right.
- Bring the wide part up behind the neck loop from underneath.
- Bring the wide tie part down through the neck loop as in figure 9.
- Pull down the wide end to tighten the tie knot. Slide the knot up and adjust as needed.
There you have it! An amazing Windsor knot that will serve you well at formal occasions such as job interviews.Looking for tasteful neckwear and pocket squares at affordable prices?Aristocrats Bows N Tiescaters to fashion forward men who are looking for the latest trends in men's neckwear. We carry the latest styles which includes knitted ties and bow ties. Whether you are looking for something formal or informal for a night out, Aristocrats bows n ties has you covered. Shop yours here: https://www.aristocratsbowsnties.ca/